Spain and its tapas! What would aperitif time be without them. The truth is that there is no better time of the day than leaving work to meet your friends and have a drink and go snacking from tapa to tapa as they are being served at the bar. However, if you are in the trend of reducing your calories, as much as possible, but you also do not want to go through boring and run out of plans, we want to tell you that we understand you! And that there is a solution, there is always a solution.
There is an option, well maybe several, beyond the chips that usually accompany the appetizer, and at Hanukeii we have decided to bring you 5 tapas so that you can prepare them yourself at home when you make plans with friends or even for You may ask for them in your trusted bar. Keep reading!
Mushrooms with garlic and parsley.
Mushrooms and mushrooms have a lot of protein, although it may not seem like it. In addition to providing nutrients and being very very low in calories. With mushrooms we play with the advantage that they can be done in infinite ways. Gratin, grilled, stuffed. That's a matter of taste. A super easy recipe that is super simple at the same time is garlic mushrooms.
What you need:
- Mushrooms (300gr)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 100 ml of white wine
- 1 splash of vinegar
- Olive oil
- First we clean the mushrooms and run them under cold water.
- So that they do not oxidize, they should be left in a bowl with cold water and a squeeze of lemon*
- Cut the garlic cloves and the mushrooms into slices.
- Brown the garlic in the pan, being careful not to burn it, since if it burns it will be bitter.
- Add the mushrooms already cut.
- Then add the white wine and stir everything and raise the heat to evaporate the alcohol from the wine.
- Add a splash of vinegar and parsley.
- We stir until almost all the broth has evaporated and we put it on the plate.
Mussels seafood style
Mussels are a food with which you can play in many ways when making appetizers. Additionally, they are a great source of iron and protein. You can make them with many different sauces. Although one of the healthiest and our favourite, are the mussels a la marinera. It is a super simple recipe to prepare and it takes about 20 minutes, no more.
What you need:
- Mussels (1kg)
- Onion (150g)
- A teaspoon of sweet paprika
- White wine (80ml)
- A bay leaf
As you can see, these are ingredients that are usually always at home. And it should be noted that it is a recipe designed for 4 people. Now yes, let's go with the preparation.
- For this, first of all we must have the mussels very clean. A trick to make them perfect is to buy them the day you are going to eat them and leave them in a bowl in the fridge wrapped in a damp cloth. It is also important that you check each mussel in case there is one that has a broken shell. Then we take the mussels and place them in a colander to give them cold water, stirring them by hand. With that said, let's start with the preparation.
- After having cleaned the mussels, peel the onion and fry it in a pan with oil. You have to poach it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Next, we add the mussels and add the white wine. Stir a little so that everything is well impregnated and add the bay leaf, rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Once everything is in the pan, cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- With this time the mussels should open, if they have not all opened yet you can cook a few more minutes until they open.
- Once open, place the mussels in a bowl and pour the sauce on top. And voila!
Perhaps it sounds boring and very basic, since nuts are something you always have at home, whether they are peanuts, almonds, walnuts. But the reality is that you can do countless things with a few simple nuts. A very good and healthy recipe that you like very much (if you like spices, of course) is dried fruit curry, it is a recipe that gives a different touch to traditional dried fruit to eat them with another flavor than the time is healthy. You can make this recipe without spicy or spicy by adding hot paprika. That is up to the consumer.
What you need:
- Nuts (the ones you like the most, or you can make a mix) (200 gr)
- Olive oil (30 gr)
- 1 tablespoon ground curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- ¼ sweet or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon or orange zest
- Ground black pepper
- First we heat the pan with the olive oil and add the cumin and curry. You have to mix everything well.
- Add the nuts and stir everything.
- Add the rest of the spices (cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, paprika and salt). And stir well.
- Add the lemon or orange zest, the brown sugar and the black pepper (a tap).
- Keep stirring for several minutes until everything is well toasted.
- Remove from the pan and let cool.
If life gives you lemons, make Guacamole!
If there is something that is being consumed more and more and is more common in Spain, it is guacamole. Something very simple to do and that at the same time is healthy. When it comes to preparing homemade guacamole there is no single recipe, there are many ways and it also depends on tastes. The recipe that I bring you today about guacamole is a typical Mexican one, although it is not the definitive recipe either, you can change any ingredient or even add one.
What you need (for 4 people):
- 3 avocados
- 1 green pepper
- A bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 spring onion
- Lime juice to taste
- Nachos or tostones
- Red Tabasco
It is a very easy recipe to make and it takes about 15 minutes. The ideal is to use the usual mortar, although if you don't have it you can do it in a blender, but obviously it doesn't stay the same.
- First we finely chop the spring onion together with the cilantro and the green pepper.
- Open the avocado and remove all the meat and cut it into slices.
- We mix all the ingredients with the help of the mortar while adding the lime juice.
- We tried it and considered whether to add the optional ingredients or leave it as is.
- If we wanted to add the optional ingredients, add them all and mix with a fork.
Classic Gildas from the Basque Country.
Although it may not seem like it, the classic gildas are a fairly simple tapa, without much mystery at the same time that it is a light tapa that satisfies. La Gilda was born in the Basque Country and is an icon there. It is a very easy and quick preparation to do, it will not take some. 10 minutes. Let's start with the recipe!
What you need (for 2 people)
- 6 chillies in vinegar
- 6 salted anchovies
- 12 pitted green olives
- Olive oil.
- appetizer chopsticks
- We begin by draining the chillies and anchovies from the canning liquid.
- Assemble each toothpick with an olive, half a chilli pepper and an anchovy. Then place another half chilli and finish with another olive.
- Assemble all the gildas like this and then dress them with the olive oil.
- You can also assemble them to taste and even with whole chillies, the one I have given you is the traditional way, but of course it can be adapted.
- We arrange them nicely on a plate and that's it.
FAQS ABOUT HEALTHY TAPAS
WHICH ARE THE LESS FATTY TAPAS?
The tapas that are less fattening are the pickle tapas and the seafood tapas. They are the ones with the fewest calories and the healthiest. Fried and battered tapas should be avoided. As long as they are with fresh products, the better.
WHAT IS THE HEALTHIEST DRIED FRUIT?
There is no nut that is the healthiest in itself. There are several that each have their nutritional properties, such as almonds that have a lot of iron, or pistachios that have a high antioxidant content. Walnuts are very good for the brain. Hazelnuts are also very nutritious, peanuts have something curious and that is that they help control blood sugar levels.
WHAT TO EAT AS AN APPETIZER TO LOSE WEIGHT?
You can opt for Dips that have been prepared naturally, accompanied by corn or whole wheat pancakes. The Dips can be chickpea hummus, or beetroot, natural Guacamole with lots of lemon, mussels and even olives.